Saturday 19 April 2014

Book Review | Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's (Philosopher's) Stone by J.K. Rowling

 Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Genres- Fantasy,
Age- Middle Grade
Release Date- June 30th 1997
Original Publisher- Scholastic Press
Pages- 310
Average GoodReads Rating- 4.37/5


Other books from J.K. Rowling include-
The Casual Vacancy
The Cuckoo's Calling
Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them

Goodreads
Amazon UK
Book Depository 
Synopsis-
Harry Potter has never played a sport while flying on a broomstick. He's never worn a Cloak of Invisibility, befriended a giant, or helped hatch a dragon. All Harry knows is a miserable life with the Dursleys, his horrible aunt and uncle, and their abominable son, Dudley. Harry's room is a tiny cupboard under the stairs, and he hasn't had a birthday party in ten years.

But all that is about to change when a mysterious letter arrives by owl messenger: a letter with an invitation to a wonderful place he never dreamed existed. There he finds not only friends, aerial sports, and magic around every corner, but a great destiny that's been waiting for him... if Harry can survive the encounter.

Review- 
Of course I liked this book! This book is so imaginative and it made me want to live in the Wizarding World so much when I was younger. This world, in my muggle eyes, is so unique. I got very tied up with the characters, epically Hermione, and was very worried if they would survive (my biggest worry back in the day!) If any of you haven't read this book (I highly doubt that) read this as it's so much better than the films. They're great for anyone young as Harry Potter can grow out with you like he did with so many other children. I would highly recommend, not only this book but, the whole series. I think that this is a must read for any child/teenagers and have helped many people get into reading, myself included. 

Dispite all the good things about this book, I do not think that this is one of the best books ever written. The plot and characters are great, and as this is for kids the writing is quite simple. Never the less I still think that this is a good book that all children should read.

No comments:

Post a Comment