Saturday 12 April 2014

Book Review | Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa

Genres- Paranormal, Dystopian, Fantasy, Romance, Vampire
Age- Young Adult
Release Date- January 1st 2011
Original Publisher- Harlequin Teen
Pages- 485
Average GoodReads Rating- 4.16/5

Other books by Julie Kagawa include-
The Iron King
The Eternity Cure
Talon 

GoodReads
Amazon UK
Book Depository 



Synopsis-
To survive in a ruined world, she must embrace the darkness…

Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a walled-in city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten. Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them—the vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself dies and becomes one of the monsters.

Forced to flee her city, Allie must pass for human as she joins a ragged group of pilgrims seeking a legend—a place that might have a cure for the disease that killed off most of civilization and created the rabids, the bloodthirsty creatures who threaten human and vampire alike. And soon Allie will have to decide what and who is worth dying for… again.

Enter Julie Kagawa's dark and twisted world as an unforgettable journey begins.


Review- No Spoilers
I liked this book a lot more than I thought that I was going to. The only reason that I bought this book was because I found it, brand new, for a pound at Asda- for anyone international this is a supermarket that sells pretty much everything from fresh food to clothing, just like Walmart. Anyway, back to the review! I liked this book a lot, I thought it was a nice twist on the normal vampire story as it shows the bad side of being a vampire not the nice, romantic side. In fact the vampires were seen as repellent in the book which I liked, after all they are blood sucking demons. I very much liked the main character, she reminded me a bit of Katniss from The Hunger Games as she was such a strong person that could look after herself just fine. However, I didn't like one of the side characters who Allison (the main character) wouldn't stop mentioning, called Stick. She just kept going on and on about him and all I could think was just shut up and move on. Despite this, I thought it was a very good book which was nicely paced and had lots of action. I think that the book cover does not at all represent this, I really dislike the cover and think that there could of been a much nicer one made. I very much look forward to carrying on with this series, with the third coming out the 15th of April.


No comments:

Post a Comment