Monday 5 May 2014

Book Review | Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life by Brian Lee O'Malley
Genres- Comedy, Romance
Age- Young Adult
Release Date- August 24th 2004 
Original Publisher- Oni Press
Page Count- 168
Average GoodReads Rating- 4.18/5

Other books from Brian Lee O'Malley include-
Lost at Sea
Geektastic- Stories From the Nerd Herd

GoodReads
Amazon UK
Book Depository 



Synopsis-
Scott Pilgrim's life is totally sweet. He's 23 years old, he's in a rockband, he's ""between jobs,"" and he's dating a cute high school girl. Nothingcould possibly go wrong, unless a seriously mind-blowing, dangerouslyfashionable, rollerblading delivery girl named Ramona Flowers starts cruisingthrough his dreams and sailing by him at parties. Will Scott's awesome life getturned upside-down? Will he have to face Ramona's seven evil ex-boyfriends inbattle? The short answer is yes. The long answer is Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life

Review- No Spoilers-
This is a very good graphic novel to read if you haven't read many before and you want to read more. I liked this graphic novel, the drawings are very cartoonish and less realistic than many I've seen before so it's more like a cartoon than a graphic novel in my eyes. I liked the characters in this and thought they were very fun. I especially liked Knives as she was very cute, she reminded me of one of my friends which made it a relatable story. I very much look forward to read the next graphic novels in the series and therefore have ordered the next one. This has been turned in to a movie, but I didn't think it was very good so I don't recommend the movie, however you may enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment